Thank you for your patience and your help in flattening the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are pleased to announce that we have re-opened the clinic and are in the process of resuming fertility treatments for existing patients. The American Society for Reproductive Medicine’s (ASRM’s) Coronavirus Task Force recently updated guidelines that recommend resuming infertility treatments gradually, and we are following this advice in our clinic.
New patients can schedule a telemedicine initial visit to begin their evaluation and get a start on treatment prospects.
We are still closely monitoring the situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, as the safety of our patients is our highest priority. Consequently, LLU Center for Fertility & IVF has implemented new safety measures to comply with COVID-19 restrictions.
We also encourage all patients to take the proper precautions, as set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
New appointment policies
To ensure patient and staff safety, we have reduced the number of staff members in our office to promote social distancing and lessen the chance of personal contacts. Other measures follow.
Comprehensive masking: All employees and patients are required to wear a mask at all times. Patients are asked to supply and wear their own masks while visiting.
Temperature check: All patients and employees entering the clinic will have their temperature taken by an LLU staff member.
Only patients are allowed for appointments: No visitors including partners, family members, children or friends will be allowed in for the appointment. We have implemented this precaution to make sure only those essential for the appointment are present, which limits the exposure risk for patients and our staff members.
Waiting room social distancing measures: We have removed some seating to create more space between those waiting and are limiting the number of patients in the clinic. And we ask that all patients practice social distancing while in the waiting room.
Telemedicine: To limit in-person contact, all new patient appointments will be only by telemedicine appointments.
Due to safety concerns, we will immediately cancel any treatment cycle in the event:
- The patient tests positive for COVID-19.
- The patient exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, including but not limited to fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- A change in the status of the pandemic or in local state/government regulations in which LLU Center for Fertility is not permitted to proceed with the IVF cycle as planned.
In the event that a planned cycle is canceled, services already rendered unfortunately will not be refunded.
If you have significant symptoms as listed by the CDC, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment. Please contact your nurse immediately if you develop symptoms during a treatment cycle. Our staff will assess how best to manage the cycle depending on severity of symptoms.
We ask that you limit contact with any individual (adult or child) with a fever or respiratory symptoms before your appointment and during any extended treatment procedures that require multiple visits.
The best prevention measures are things you should already be doing to minimize normal influenza and colds.
- Wash hands with soap and water often and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds, and then dry hands well.
- If soap and water are not available, a good alternate option is hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough into your arm not your hands.
- Try to minimize touching your face, such as using a tissue to rub your nose. If you don’t have a tissue, use your arm to touch your face instead of your hand.
- We recommend using forms of greeting other than hand shaking, such as touching elbows, hand over heart or waving.
- Do not touch or consume any communal foods that other people may directly touch, such as grocery store samples and buffets. Use serving utensils at home for any shared meals.
As information about COVID-19 changes, our protocols may also change. Please understand that we are doing our best to play a responsible role in keeping our patients and staff healthy, which also protects the entire community.
LLU Center for Fertility’s commitment to patients
The LLU Center for Fertility & IVF is committed to helping our patients create families. However, we are also dedicated to helping facilitate safe pregnancies and healthy babies. We know putting fertility plans on hold is difficult. Thank you for your patience and your help in flattening the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your efforts will not only reduce the sickness, they will also help minimize the potential of overloading our healthcare system. We are pleased to be open again and wish our patients continued safety and good health.